Frequently Asked Questions
The following FAQ should answer questions you may have about the Ashland Build-A-Bed project.
- Am I eligible?
- You must have a child living in your household enrolled in school (ages 2-18) who does not currently have a bed.
- You must meet the income guidelines listed on the application.
- You must have transportation to pick up the bed.
- You must have a bedroom in which the bed will fit and be utilized by the child.
- You must complete the application and submit it by the specified deadline.
- You must be a resident in one of 5 counties in the service area.
- The following criteria will be considered when determining eligibility for awarded beds: age, income, number in household, and current sleeping arrangements.
- Who will receive beds?
- Bed recipients will be chosen based on the applications from 5 counties including: Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Greenup, and Lawrence Counties in Kentucky.
- You may apply for more than one bed per household on the same application, but there is no guarantee you will receive a bed(s).
- How do I apply?
- You can obtain an application on the Ashland Build-A-Bed website at www.ashlandbuildabed.org
- You can obtain an application from your Family Resource Center at your child’s school, or one of the partner agencies affiliated with the project.
- What are the dimensions of the bed?
The bed dimensions are: Height- 29 ¾ (Headboard)
Width- 39 ½
Length- 81 ½
- What comes with the bed?
- Each bed will have a frame, mattress, and a bedtime kit containing sheets, pillow, blanket, book, nightlight or alarm clock, hygiene kit, and a stuffed animal.
- Who do I contact if I want to volunteer or sponsor?
- If you would like to volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator Sierra Rice at email@example.com and type “Build-A-Bed” in the subject line.
- Sponsorship forms are available on the Build-A-Bed webpage. ashlandbuildabed.org
- What is required to be a sponsor of Build-A-Bed?
- Donations of any size are accepted.
- A minimum of $250 is required to sponsor a full bed.
- All donors will receive their name on posters to be displayed on build day.
- Donor deadline to be listed on promotional items is February 14, 2020.
- Checks are made payable to whom?
- Is my donation or sponsorship tax deductible?
- Yes, all donations and sponsorships are tax deductible.
If you have any questions not answered by this FAQ please contact Ashland Build-A-Bed Project Directors:
Tiffany Black, (606)326-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Candace Stanley- (606)329-5454, email@example.com